Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Markus Wiederkehr <as...@fantasymail.de> on 2004/10/04 10:34:17 UTC

DataSqueezer question

I'm writing an application that deals with Document objects. I use a
custom ISqueezeAdaptor implementation to represent a document in an HTML
page with its internal identifier. Squeezing and unsqueezing works fine.
So far, so good.

But now I've run into the following problem: A Document object contains
sensitive information. Only privileged users should be allowed to obtain
a Document instance from its squeezed representation. Ownership and user
rights have to be checked. So the unsqueeze() method of ISqueezeAdaptor
would need to access the current user which is stored in the Visit
object. Unfortunately neither the Visit object nor the Engine seems to
be accessible from within the unsqueeze() method.

Is there an easy solution to this problem?

Markus