Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Axelle Ziegler <ax...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/09 17:42:19 UTC

Templates-related questions

Hi,

I've only been playing with roller for a few weeks, so please excuse
me if my questions seem stupid. Actually, I'm trying to add various
kinds of newsfeeds and templates to the blogs, and I have two main
questions:

- Are the set of variables available in velocity documented somewhere,
or is browsing through the code the only way to find them. I'm aware
of this document
(http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/draft-roller-template-guide.pdf),
is there any version for previous releases ?

- What's the correct way to add a new template for all themes ? Right
now, what I do is having a symlink to the same file in the directory
of every template, but this is not very elegant (and that's an
understatement). Is there a good way to do this ? I guess I should be
able to use the FlavorServlet to render new templates, but I couldn't
find the right configuration to achieve that.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and congrats for the good work,
both on Roller and on the very interesting and lively mailing-list :P

--
Axelle