Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Eric Le Goff <el...@pitchounela.net> on 2007/09/21 12:07:55 UTC

[classlib]InvocationTargetException

I am trying to build the class library following the steps described
at http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html

My OS is Ubuntu Feisty

>From [Harmony]/trunk/working_classlib/
Ant fails with
[...]/build.xml : 113[..]
[..]/make/build-java.xml:130 : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Any idea where I may have missed something ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Eric LE GOFF

Re: [classlib]InvocationTargetException

Posted by Eric Le Goff <el...@pitchounela.net>.
On 9/21/07, Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Le Goff wrote:
> > I am trying to build the class library following the steps described
> > at http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html
> >
> > My OS is Ubuntu Feisty
> >
> >>From [Harmony]/trunk/working_classlib/
> > Ant fails with
> > [...]/build.xml : 113[..]
> > [..]/make/build-java.xml:130 : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >

> > Any idea where I may have missed something ?
>
> I get this error unless I set ANT_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m". The default
> heap size is just not enough to compile whole classlib, so I get
> OutOfMemoryError that causes InvocationTargetException.
>
> --
> Gregory

That was exactly a heap size issue.

Actually that was explained in a note I had missed :
" If you do choose to build from the federated build root, you may
need to increase the Java heap available to Ant. We suggest setting
the "ANT_OPTS" environment variable as ANT_OPTS='-Xms256m -Xmx512m' in
the manner appropriate for your operating system.
Populating the VM and ClassLibrary Source Trees "

Thanks for your help

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On 21 September 2007 at 12:07, "Eric Le Goff" <el...@pitchounela.net> wrote:
> I am trying to build the class library following the steps described
> at http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html
>
> My OS is Ubuntu Feisty
>
> From [Harmony]/trunk/working_classlib/
> Ant fails with
> [...]/build.xml : 113[..]
> [..]/make/build-java.xml:130 : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>

> Any idea where I may have missed something ?

Looks like you are missing a java compiler?  Make sure you have a jdk
installed.  (apt-cache search jdk might help.)

> Thanks for your help.

HTH,
 Mark.