Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mark Schneider <ms...@it-infrastrukturen.org> on 2013/03/06 16:48:06 UTC

Fwd: Debian Linux live image with OFBiz 11.04.02, 10.04.05 and BigShop 1.09 for OFBiz developers and users

It is probably better to anonce it here on the OFBiz user list. Sorry
for crossposting.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Debian Linux live image with OFBiz 11.04.02, 10.04.05 and
BigShop 1.09 for OFBiz developers and users
Datum: 	Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:38:40 +0100
Von: 	Mark Schneider <ms...@it-infrastrukturen.org>

Hello.

First thanks a lot to all developers of the excellent OFBiz java
framework and to salmonllc
for open sources of the BigFish shop solution.

I hope it should be interesting for some of OFBiz java developers and
users of java based shops to simplify linux based development and testing:
I have created a debian linux live image with the OFBiz java framework,
MariaDB 5.5.29 (MySQL replacement) and PostgreSQL 9.1.8 database servers.

On the image I have included openJDK7 (due to possible licence issues
with oracle-j2sdk1.7).
Locally I use such images with oracle-j2sdk1.7_u15.

Currently the image uses awesome as WM and supports English, French, German
and Swiss-German keyboard layouts directly in the boot menu. It is
possible to edit
the boot command line to support any available keyboard layout.

Short intro:
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org/ofbiz-live/README-OFBiz-live.txt

The image (1.4GB size):
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org/ofbiz-live/OFBiz-server-live-BigFish-openJDK7.iso

Two videos:
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org/ofbiz-live/OFBiz_debian_live_BigFish_boot_1280x1024.ogv
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org/ofbiz-live/OFBiz_debian_live_BigFish_demo_1280x1024.ogv

Thank you in advance for any kind of comments, hints and/or ideas.

regards, Mark

--
ms@it-infrastrukturen.org
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org