Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dave Fletcher <df...@sevenww.com> on 2001/04/24 07:55:58 UTC

new live site!

I've got a site up and running! Thanks for the great job with Cocoon/XSP. I couldn't have done it without you guys :-) You have my permission to list it on the live sites page of Cocoon documentation.

http://www.davesresume.net

Thanks again!

--dave

Re: Flash & XML

Posted by Arnaud Vandyck <ar...@ressource-toi.org>.
Kriss wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   i'm testin release 1.0 of a software called Wave ( http://195.14.236.181/wave/ )
> which generates swf files out of swfml (...pretty original name ;-), a proprietary
> xml language. It's all java stuff and so i think it could be plugged in cocoon
> quite easily.

2500Euro !

Nice stuff but a little expensive!

... not so powerful but useful:

Flash 5 new features:
Web Application Server Connectivity

You can easily integrate Macromedia Flash 5 with databases
through Macromedia Generator, URL encoded variables or XML.

Arnaud Vandyck <http://www.ressource-toi.org/>
"... les liƩgeois sont sympas"
- Ali Lukunku, La Gazette des Sports, mar. 10/04/2001, p. 5TG

Re: Flash & XML

Posted by Kriss <cr...@limiteazero.com>.
Hi,

    i'm testin release 1.0 of a software called Wave ( http://195.14.236.181/wave/ ) which generates swf files out of swfml (...pretty original name ;-), a proprietary xml language. It's all java stuff and so i think it could be plugged in cocoon quite easily.

Cheers

Kriss
  Could you please share some of your ideas?
  Do you use Macromedia Generator for Flash presentation? How do you use XML with Flash? I am not familiar very much with Macromedia technologies but it's interesting how Cocoon and Flash are combined.

Re: new live site!

Posted by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org>.
Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:

> Nice site!
>

> Could you please share some of your ideas?
>
> Do you use Macromedia Generator for Flash presentation? How do you use
> XML with Flash? I am not familiar very much with Macromedia technologies
> but it's interesting how Cocoon and Flash are combined.
  Macromedia Flash has action script object (similar to java script)
which permits load XML content directly by an url and traverse it with
DOM syntax.
  Look at the Macromedia Flash help for the XML objbects and their
methods like load(url), getFirstChild, and so on.
  Best regards, Marcelo.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - mochoa@ieee.org
Do you Know DB Prism? Look @ http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/

Re: new live site!

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Nice site!

Could you please share some of your ideas?
Do you use Macromedia Generator for Flash presentation? How do you use
XML with Flash? I am not familiar very much with Macromedia technologies
but it's interesting how Cocoon and Flash are combined.

Thank you.

I've got a site up and running! Thanks for the great job with
Cocoon/XSP. I couldn't have done it without you guys :-) You have my
permission to list it on the live sites page of Cocoon documentation.

http://www.davesresume.net <http://www.davesresume.net>

Thanks again!

--dave