Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Daryl K <db...@up.com> on 2007/08/15 16:25:39 UTC

Problem with IE6 and Wicket DropDownChoice using AjaxSelfUpdatingBehavior

I am experiencing a problem with IE6 using Wicket AjaxSelfUpdatingBehavior on
two DropDownChoice components. When one choice is select in a drop down list
the other on updates with choices based on what the user selected from the
first box.

My problem is for some of are users who run IE6 they receive a JavaScript
error “object expected” when they try to select a choice using the
DropDownChoice components. When this error happens the
AjaxSelfUpdatingBehavior fails and the DropDownChoice components are empty.

This problem is intermittent and does it not affect everyone. I have two PC
in my office both running the exact same version of IE6 one PC has this
problem the other does not. I have Firefox and Netscape on both PC’s and
they work fine on both.

Has anyone every heard of a problem like this with IE6 and Wicket before?

I am running Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.0702272254CO on Windows XP
Professional with SP2

I am using Wicket version 1.2.6 running on Weblogic 8

Attached are the files for the components that throw the JavaScript error.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12163099/CatRsnPanel.html CatRsnPanel.html
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12163099/CatRsnPanel.java CatRsnPanel.java

Re: Problem with IE6 and Wicket DropDownChoice using AjaxSelfUpdatingBehavior

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
strange, it might be something else happening in your markup. maybe some of
that rico stuff thats in your code. unfortunately "object expected" is very
hard to debug since that is all the info you have to go on :( you usually
just have to keep tweaking your markup until you have found what causes it
by elimination. fortunately you have a good way to reproduce it sounds like.

-igor

Posted by Daryl K <db...@up.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.