Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/03 20:43:00 UTC

Graduate with blocked release?

We recently started the process of taking Wookie to graduation, however the current Wookie release is blocked pending the resolution of a crypto export issue [1].

My question is: can we proceed with graduation - hopefully presenting a resolution at the next meeting -  without first resolving this issue?

Cheers,

- Scott

[1]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-148

Re: Graduate with blocked release?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Scott Wilson
<sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We recently started the process of taking Wookie to graduation, however the current Wookie release is blocked pending the resolution of a crypto export issue [1].
>
> My question is: can we proceed with graduation - hopefully presenting a resolution at the next meeting -  without first resolving this issue?

Sure. The incubator likes to see that podlings have made releases, but
you can carry this problem out of the incubator if its merely stopping
you from creating yet another release.