Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Luiz Gustavo <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/23 01:26:46 UTC

UNICODE in .json files

Hi,

do I really need to use this codes in my JSON file, or is there another way
of using directly the characters they represent?

 {  titulo: "Controle Financeiro",
    men_opcoes: "Op*\u00E7\u00F5*es",
    men_opcoes_lancamentos: "Lan*\u00E7*amentos",
    men_opcoes_categorias: "Categorias de Lan*\u00E7*amento",
    men_opcoes_sair: "Sair"
 }

cheers,
Luiz Gustavo S. de Souza

http://luizgustavoss.wordpress.com
http://luizgustavoss.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lugustso

Re: UNICODE in .json files

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
If you save your JSON files as UTF-8, you probably won't need to encode those characters.