Posted to users@asterixdb.apache.org by "Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate)" <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2015/09/20 22:12:20 UTC

Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Hi all,
I am trying to load data into AsterixDB. But I keep getting this error:

Field accessor is not defined for values of type null [AlgebricksException]

This is the data, (1,291) is the position where the axis starts: "comment":"","axis":"T"
I changed the blank field to null. So now the data is: "comment":null,"axis":”T"
But I’m still getting the same error. In the schema comment has been declared as comment:string? . I’ve made it optional. Is there something else that I need to take care of? What does is a field accessor?
Thank in advance for the help.
Regards,
Namrata Malarout

Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Posted by "Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate)" <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Wail,
I don’t know why I keep getting the same error. I even tried the same schema as the one you used.
I never got the error about the Hyracks though. Btw how did you shrink analysed_sst?
I wonder why my system is behaving differently.
Thanks,
Namrata

From: Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 3:22 PM
To: "users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<ma...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

I didn't encounter the same error.

I did the following:
use dataverse exp;
drop dataset jpl if exists
drop type jplType if exists
create type jplType as open
{
    fid:uuid
}
create dataset jpl(jplType)
primary key fid;

load dataset jpl using localfs
    (("path"="127.0.0.1<http://127.0.0.1>:///Users/wail/Dropbox (MIT)/AsterixConnector/d-plus-m.adm"),("format"="adm"));

I only defined fid in my open jplType. However, I got different error:
"Unable to allocate frame larger than:255 bytes [HyracksDataException]"

analysed_sst was too large for Hyracks to handle. After shrinking it, I was able to load it.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate) <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
Hi,
I’ve attached a text file containing the schema. It isn’t very detailed as of now. I want to see how long it takes for the data to get ingested. Here a link to the data:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6wmo4_-H0P2UUhJcFpVdWdZT1k/view?usp=sharing
It is one record from the sample data. I tried to attach it but it failed while sending a couple of times.
Thanks,
Namrata

From: Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM

To: "users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<ma...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>>

Hi,
Can you please provide me the full schema and an example of the data?
I want to replicate the error

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate) <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
Hi,
I was just trying to load the .adm file. This was my query:

use dataverse TestL4;

load dataset GlobL4 using localfs

    (("path"="LMC-015412:///Users/malarout/Desktop/d-plus-m.adm"),("format"="adm"));

Thanks,

Namrata

From: Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM
To: "users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<ma...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>>

Hi Namrata,
What was your query?

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate) <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to load data into AsterixDB. But I keep getting this error:

Field accessor is not defined for values of type null [AlgebricksException]

This is the data, (1,291) is the position where the axis starts: "comment":"","axis":"T"
I changed the blank field to null. So now the data is: "comment":null,"axis":”T"
But I’m still getting the same error. In the schema comment has been declared as comment:string? . I’ve made it optional. Is there something else that I need to take care of? What does is a field accessor?
Thank in advance for the help.
Regards,
Namrata Malarout

Wail Alkowaileet

Wail Alkowaileet

Wail Alkowaileet

Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Posted by "Malarout, Namrata (398M-Affiliate)" <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Wail,
Thanks for the information. I haven’t tested that yet. I’ll do it right now.
-Namrata

From: Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM
To: "users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<ma...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>>

Hi Namrata,
This is the one I tested:
https://asterixdb.ics.uci.edu/download/snapshots/asterix-installer-0.8.7-SNAPSHOT-binary-assembly.zip,

I shrunk it by deleting some of its values to see if the size of analysed_sst was the reason why I get the Hyracks error.

Which version are you currently using? Thanks for your time.
-Namrata
From: Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 3:36 PM

To: "users@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org<ma...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@asterixdb.incubator.apache.org>>

I didn't test the last snapshot of AsterixDB.
I remember reading somewhere that the new version can handle a record larger than a page.

Sorry for not being helpful.

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Namrata,
,

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: Field accessor not defined for values of type null

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Namrata,

--

*Regards,*