Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Felix Ulrich <fe...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/07/20 11:29:14 UTC

NewB: Is Struts completely reliant on sessions

Hi

We have to build & deploy some web applications with
JSP/Servlets on an LVS cluster.  At the moment,
though, I don't think we can guarantee session
affinity (i.e. subsequent requests will end up on
different machines), and it seems that Struts uses
sessions quite heavily.

Am I right in thinking that sessions are a
pre-requisite of using the Struts framework?  Is there
any part of Struts I could still use without sessions
(e.g. some of the taglibs maybe)?

Thanks

Felix.

RE: NewB: Is Struts completely reliant on sessions

Posted by Renzo Toma <re...@xs4all.nl>.
Hi

As long as you carry over all properties to the next request using form
elements (text, hidden, ...), you will only miss the LOCALE session
variable. But you set that by subclassing ActionServlet.

Actually when you stay away from wizard-like/multipage forms, you'll be
fine.

Renzo