Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrea Vagliengo <va...@csp.it> on 2005/02/24 14:27:33 UTC

Servlet integration

Hi all,
I have a simple servlet that manages authentication, it takes values from some
fields in a form and outputs some user information taken from a database via
JDBC query.

I'd like to have multi-channel output: HTML or WML, so that the site could be
accessed via standard browser just as via pda or cell phone.
Cocoon seems to do quite well with multi-channel output, but I can't find any
documentation about how to integrate my servlet module in the cocoon workflow..
I don't want to re-make all my web-app, I'd just like to use what I already have
but adding some multi-channel output functionality.

Is that possible?

Thanks for your attention :-)

Andrea

Re: Servlet integration

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi Andrea,

You might consider to use your original servlet as a proxy. It handles authentication and redirects
the user to the cocoon servlet...

It should be possible to do this on a more technical level as well - at least I think I heard that
once - but I am not very familiar with HTTP deamon configuration. I believe it had something to do
with ISAPI extensions versus ISAPI filters...

Cheers

Andrea Vagliengo wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a simple servlet that manages authentication, it takes values
> from some fields in a form and outputs some user information taken from
> a database via JDBC query.
>
> I'd like to have multi-channel output: HTML or WML, so that the site
> could be accessed via standard browser just as via pda or cell phone.
> Cocoon seems to do quite well with multi-channel output, but I can't
> find any documentation about how to integrate my servlet module in the
> cocoon workflow..
> I don't want to re-make all my web-app, I'd just like to use what I
> already have
> but adding some multi-channel output functionality.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks for your attention :-)
>
> Andrea

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50