Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2004/12/01 23:17:42 UTC

Apache::SizeLimit name change?

Should we change the name of the new Apache::SizeLimit to
Apache::Monitor::SizeLimit, as described in the naming conventions doc,
or do you think it's better to keep it as is to avoid confusion?

- Perrin

Re: Apache::SizeLimit name change?

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Dec 1, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> But of course you could just keep it Apache::SizeLimit and save people
> the trouble changing their habits.

I'm in favor of this suggestion.

Cheers,

David

Re: Apache::SizeLimit name change?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 17:25 -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>may be Apache::Monitor::Size (as Limit sort of conflicts with Monitor in
>>action-wise). On the other hand it's more than a monitor, since it takes
>>actions since monitors normally don't (e.g. Apache::VMonitor). if you
>>agree with that logic may be Apache::Limit::Size?
>

> I was looking for some sort of place for cleanup handlers, but didn't
> see one on the list.  Apache::Cleanup::SizeLimit?  I'm not sure that's
> clearer than it is now.

I think it's more important to make it clear what the module does, rather
how it does. Cleanup is really not giving any useful information to those
browsing a list of available modules. So your original idea is better than
this one, IMHO.

But of course you could just keep it Apache::SizeLimit and save people the
trouble changing their habits.

New modules could have longer "categorized" names...

Re: Apache::SizeLimit name change?

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.