Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Andreas Böttcher <me...@gmx.net> on 2012/10/02 11:16:12 UTC

[vfs] avoid growing temp dir

I have an issue with vfs and a growing temp dir. I already posted it on stackoverflow.com but didnt get any answer yet.

"I have an issue with VFS. I developed a web application to paste a URL of a deploy package(zip file) into a textarea. You can view deploy scripts and at the end deploy the application. It runs on a tomcat on a small machine. The deploy packages are about 5-100 MB. My problem now is, that the temp directory grows over time. VFS doesnt seem to delete the files from the temp directory. I wrote a startup script for the tomcat, that cleans the vfs temp dir. But that isnt very nice at all.

    Is there a way to remove them through VFS without closing the FileSystemManager?

    It seems the temp dir is a cache, but when a file changes it doesnt load it again from the intranet.

I used to set

        ((DefaultFileSystemManager) VFS.getManager()).setFilesCache(new NullFilesCache());
        ((DefaultFileSystemManager) VFS.getManager()).setCacheStrategy(CacheStrategy.ON_CALL);

but it seems VFS doesnt treat the temp dir as cache. Do I unterstand something wrong?"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12622439/apache-commonfs-vfs-avoid-growing-temp-dir

Greetings,
mephi