Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Bob G." <ae...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/23 05:01:37 UTC

Price Update: Using Lots of Topics or implementing 'Dynamic Router' pattern?

Hello,

A typical financial system have to broadcast multiple Price updates (20,000
individual ticker) to different client application. Most broker firm use
Tibco RV  pub-sub model to do this kind of job. I read that Tibco use a very
lightweight model to implement Topic/subject.

I would like to know if ActiveMQ can scale to have this kind of setup :

Publishing Price Ticker update in 20,000 different Topics (one topic per
Price Ticker) and have 20 clients application each subscribing to 3000
different topic?

Is using one topic per Ticker the right way to do? (each Ticker are unique,
grouping is not possible)

Should I implement the Enterprise Integration Pattern 'Dynamic Router'  and
managing each individual subscription myself?

Any advise will be welcome

Thank you

Re: Price Update: Using Lots of Topics or implementing 'Dynamic Router' pattern?

Posted by "Bob G." <ae...@hotmail.com>.
Hello again,

After some research (or not enough research before posting this message), I
found my answer in this forum. Here is a collection of  link/post about
using a lot of Topics, Topic performance and Topic vs selectors :

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=2888852&framed=y&skin=2354

http://www.nabble.com/more-topics-against-more-filters---overhead-estmation-to14647100s2354.html#a14664571

http://www.nabble.com/Limits-on-number-of-topics--to5800812s2354.html#a5800812

http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html