Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jsolderitsch <js...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2008/06/05 18:36:13 UTC

cxf.xml file not being picked up during maven2 processing

I see the following in my maven console when running a build that uses cxf:

Jun 4, 2008 4:41:52 PM
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext
prepareRefresh
INFO: Refreshing org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@c943ba:
display name [org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@c943ba];
startup date [Wed Jun 04 16:41:52 EDT 2008]; root of context hierarchy
Jun 4, 2008 4:41:52 PM org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext
getConfigResources
INFO: No cxf.xml configuration file detected, relying on defaults.

We have a cxf.xml file in a resources folder in our source hierarchy but
maybe not the right one.

First we build a jar and then package the result up into a war.

The resources folder where we have cxf.xml is in the jar folder.

I am having issues getting security headers to work, and some security
declarations are in my cxf.xml so I suspect that this INFO text is really an
error in my case.

Does this look familiar to folks using mvn with cxf. We are using cxf 2.0.6
at the moment.

Thanks

Jim

Re: cxf.xml file not being picked up during maven2 processing

Posted by jsolderitsch <ja...@accenture.com>.
Thanks very much!!

This blog posting opened my eyes to the mistakes we were making in our
attempt to generate client and service from the same WSDL.

I have things mostly working now -- the big breakthrough came when I fully
annotated our server Impl file so that the @WebService declaration included
all of: targetNamespace, portName, serviceName, and endpointInterface.

My beans.xml file also needed a reference to the customer wsdl -- it didn't
have one at first.

Part of the problem was the developer who originally wrote this code was
basing some assumptions on his xfire experiences in the past.

In the end, the message about no cxf.xml file being found did not seem to
matter -- it's still there.

Really appreciate the help.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.