Posted to user@struts.apache.org by as as <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/19 14:06:48 UTC

Two beans in same form

Hi

I have two beans - teacher and student in same form and with same variable(property) SSN.
Teacher is a subclass of my studnet (in my design)
error comes as no getter for SSN for bean student ...
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property employeeID of student
how do i differentiate these two ,.....

Thanks much for help.

Do you Yahoo!?

RE: Two beans in same form

Posted by as as <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Colm,

Thanks for quick reply.
his page has one particular teacher and all students under him.
so the code to display info about teacher is:

<th align="right">

SSN:

</th>

<input type="hidden" name="SSN"

value="<%= request.getParameter("SSN") %>">

<bean:write name="teacher" property="SSN" />

<logic:iterate id="student" name="students">

<input type="hidden" name="SSN"

value="<bean:write name="student" property="SSN" />">

property="SSN" />">

<bean:write name="student" property="SSN" />

</a>

The code from <logic:iterate> and below displays the rows of students under that teacher (and displays each students' SSN under it)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Colm Garvey <co...@letsys.com> wrote:
Need to see the code, compadre :)

RE: Two beans in same form