Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/03/13 07:51:34 UTC

Kernel SPI dependencies

Trying to separate the assembly model and loaders from the kernel/core,
I'm running into the following issues:

Loader has a dependency on Deployer, Deployer in turn depends on
ScopeContainer and Component, which drag dependencies on the rest of the
Kernel. Why is this dependency needed? If it's not needed, any idea on
how to change the Loaders so that they do not depend on the Deployers
anymore?

Circular dependency from Deployer back to o.a.t.spi.loader.LoaderException.

Dependencies on o.a.t.api.TuscanyRuntimeException and TuscanyException.
I think it would make sense to remove these dependencies, I didn't
expect a Kernel SPI to depend on the Java specific C&I API. What would
be broken if we removed these dependencies.

Both the assembly model and the loader package depend on
o.a.t.spi.ObjectFactory. ObjectFactory seems to be in a different
category than the model and loaders, responsible for creating runtime
instances, so I'm not sure about that dependency either. Could you shed
some light on how the ObjectFactory is used? Would it make sense to
remove that dependency as well?

Jean-Sebastien