Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2015/04/15 07:05:13 UTC

Migration of Wiki content

Hello,

in addition to the migration of code and bugs (which should happen in bulk) we also need to migrate our Wiki content.
So far Wiki content is distributed on 3 Wikis (Hyracks, AsterixDB, and Grape) and for each page we have up to 4 options
1) leave it where it is (only for Grape)
2) move to the confluence wiki [1]
3) add it to the website that is managed in git
4) abandon the page (maybe some stuff is a little outdated).

I’ve created a Google spreadsheet [2] to help with the process. It lists some pages grouped by Wiki.
For pages that are not listed, I suggest to either abandon them (Google Code Wikis) or leave them as-is (Grape Wiki).
For each page that is listed, we can vote for 1 of the 4 options by adding 1 to the column of the option.
I’ve pre-populated the sheet with my votes so far.
Please add pages that should be migrated as well and vote for the existing ones.

Cheers,
Till

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/ <https://cwiki.apache.org/>
[2] http://s.apache.org/0HfX <http://s.apache.org/0HfX>

Re: Migration of Wiki content

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
EVERYONE:  Please try to take a look at this between now and Friday's
status meeting.  (That way we can get this figured out soon by
crowd-sourcing.)  Thx!

Posted by Yingyi Bu <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till, Mike,

     I have a bunch of Pregelix-related wikis (user manual/dev
manual/release notes) under https://code.google.com/p/hyracks/w/list, also
there is an IMRU wiki in the hyracks wiki list. I definitely want to keep
them. Where should I put them?
Thanks!

Best,
Yingyi

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
AsterixDB developers:  As was mentioned last week, we are going to
migrate (now!) our content from the Coogle code and UCI (grape) wiki
worlds into Apache-land.  Till's reference [2] below is a list of all
documents/notes that should be moved. We won't throw out ancient history
at UCI, but we needn't move it - we should only move things from grape
to Apache that are current/relevant/helpful - and we will soon lose all
our Google-resident stuff.