Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Simon Kitching <Si...@smartstream-stp.com> on 2015/03/12 10:29:24 UTC

distributed osgi : custom wire protocol

Hi,

I'm working on a project that uses remote OSGi services (aka "distributed osgi") to distribute large workloads across a cluster of OSGi environments. We are not happy with the current distributed-osgi implementation (fabric 7.x) and wish to move to something else. However due to the nature of this application, _performance_ of the solution is very important. Things like SOAP or even JSON are not useable; we need either a high-performance protocol or a hook where we can define a custom protocol.

>From looking at the cxf-osgi sourcecode, it appears to me that the actual inter-jvm protocol handling is nicely isolated into the ConfigurationTypeHandler class, and the ConfigTypeHandlerFactory then selects the appropriate handler implementation. But unfortunately, it seems to me that the ConfigTypeHandlerFactory then hard-wires the set of supported handlers, and does not support plugging custom ones in.

The inbuilt set of handlers appear to be wsdl, jaxrs, and something named "pojo" which also appears to be a wsdl variant. None of these appear to be "high performance".

So my question: _is_ there a high-performance protocol available, or have I missed a hook with which I can install a custom implementation?

And also: does cxf-osgi work with Java8? It appears to currently depend on cxf:2.x which is described as "mostly working on java8".

Thanks,
Simon Kitching
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. SmartStream Technologies GmbH, Vienna Twin Tower, Wienerbergstrasse 11, 1100 Vienna, Austria, FN 194340w, HG Wien