Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Markus Fischer <ma...@fischer.name> on 2006/04/20 08:57:12 UTC

Get file add/change/remove from two different revisions

Re: Get file add/change/remove from two different revisions

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 20, 2006, at 10:57, Markus Fischer wrote:

> how can I find out, given two revisions
>
> * which files/dirs have been added
> * which files/dirs have been modified
> * which files/dirs have been removed
>
> ?

People ask for this feature practically every week on the mailing
list. Perhaps someone has already written a script to do this for you.

> I don't need the actual changes but just need to know which files (so
> updating a remote site doesn't require me to upload all files again.

If that's all you want to do, there are better ways to do it. For
example, rsync is designed exactly for this purpose: given two
directories, which are either on the same machine or on different
machines, it synchronizes them, copying any necessary changes from
one to the other. Come to think of it, that's exactly what a
Subversion working copy is designed to do too, so if you can have a
working copy of your project on your server, all you need to do is
"svn up" it to get the latest version.