Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/28 15:55:14 UTC

Re: End of month : Main New features

Jacques, All,

A nice list of achievements.

Please keep in mind that with point
"Adds 1 to all ports in test container in order to be able to run
concurrently an OFBiz instance and a test instance on the same machine"

the ports for jndi and rmi in test-container.xml have been set back to the
original (production values) in r1330778 as these settings were overwritten
by settings in

Also, let's not forget

to mention under Framework that following jar's have been added or upgraded:

   - ant - upgraded to 1.8.3 by Erwan
   - ant-junit - upgraded to 1.8.3 by Erwan
   - freemaker - upgraded to 2.3.19 by Jacopo
   - hamcrest-all - upgraded to 1.2 by Jacopo
   - httpunit - upgraded to 1.7 by Jacques
   - junitdep - upgraded to 4.10 by Jacopo
   - mail - upgraded to 1.4 by Jacques
   - yui-compressor r2.4.6 added by Jacques
   - xui-coreswing - upgraded to 3.2rc3b by Jacques
   - xui-optional - upgraded to 3.2rc2b by Jacques
   - all tomcat - upgraded to 7.0.27 by Erwan
   - asm - upraded to 3.2 by Jacopo
   - asm-analysis - upgraded to 3.2 by Jacopo
   - asm-tree - upgraded to 3.2 by Jacopo
   - ecj - upgraded to 3.7.2 by Erwan
   - axis - upgraded to 1.4 by Erwan
   - axis-ant - upgraded to 1.4 by Erwan

- to mention that example and exampleext have moved out of the framework to
specialpurpose (done by Erwan)

And last, but not least, the enormous undertaking of the revision of
minilang by Adrian.

Regards,

Pierre

With regards

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Pierre Smits" <pi...@gmail.com>
> Jacques, all,
>
> For sure, upgrades of jar's don't add much value marketing wise. But keep
> in mind that trunk is not for end-users and the webpage is more an
> informational page for Committers, developers and testers.
> And also, if we list all changes at the end of the month here, prepping
> each ASF Board Report would be easier as the PMC would only have to recap
> all the changes on the web page of the previous 3 months.

Again, for me renaming or upgrading a lib is not a new feature. Normally this should not have any functional impact...

> I totally lost my train of thoughts on the ports reference as I got majorly
> distracted here. Maybe we should exclude that point for now, as there are
> many JIRA issues related to it (.e.g OFBIZ-4794, OFBIZ-4763).

I had this in mind also, and updated those this morning, still a WIP... like a lot of other things...

Jacques

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Jacques, all,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.