Posted to user@hive.apache.org by ZongtianHou <zo...@icloud.com> on 2018/10/27 13:27:24 UTC

What is the default escape char

If I set the escape char to ‘\’, then after I insert (‘\\’,’abc’) into a table (a string, b string), on hdfs file the content is "\\",”abc"

But if I don’t set it, the content will become \abc, which will caused the \ be looked as escape and the two columns table became one column, I wonder what is the default escape character in hive, or in the hdfs content \abc.

Any info will be very appreciate, thank you very much!

Re: What is the default escape char

Posted by ZongtianHou <zo...@icloud.com>.
To be simple, what the escape character is when I run the below sql to create a table.
Create table aa (a string, b string) stored as textfile;
Need help!!