Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nicolas Belisle <Ni...@bibl.ulaval.ca> on 2006/01/11 21:34:51 UTC

Lucene JCR Index

Hi,

I've contributed a JCR Directory implementation for Lucene.

What it does: allows the storage of indexes in a JCR repository
Why: single place for content and index storage, transaction support (if
the JCR implementation support them),
Performance: JCR does not support random access (only plain Inputstreams),
but my implementation splits the files into fixed-size buffers to help
performance. It will also depend on the persistence mechanism used with JCR.

You can retrieve the code there:

I welcome your comments.

Regards,

Nicolas Bélisle

Laval University Library

Re: Lucene JCR Index

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Nicolas,

very interesting idea. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

that would allow us to commit index changes together with regular
content changes in the same jcr transaction.

regards
  marcel

Re: Lucene JCR Index

Posted by Nicolas Belisle <Ni...@bibl.ulaval.ca>.
Hi,

Sorry for my late response.

I took a quick look at Compass documentation.
I think one has to subclass
org.compassframework.core.lucene.engine.store.AbstractLuceneSearchEngineStore
if he wishes to add a custom storage mechanism.
They use a connection parameter for configuration.
LuceneSearchEngineStoreFactory seems to create the appropriate
AbstractLuceneSearchEngineStore implementation based on the connection
prefix. One could add, for example, a jcr: prefix that looks in JNDI for a
repository.
 From there, one should be able to use Compass as with other storage
mechanisms.
I do not know for transactions support. I think can they retrieve JTA
transaction from JNDI. I suppose the storage implementation is responsible
for publishing it ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Re: Lucene JCR Index