Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Teter <mt...@1scom.net> on 2003/07/02 21:43:36 UTC

Sessions sans cookies? URL Rewriting?

Howdy.

I have two questions.  Note that I have made effort to find answers in
archives but haven't found what I think I need.

Q1: Can Tomcat 4.X do session management if the user's browser is
rejecting cookies?  If so, how do I do that?  Do I change my code, or
just server/app configuration?

Q2: If I want to allow my user, John Smith, to use
http://mycompany.com/johnsmith to access his custom view of my site, how
would I do that?  Neither my Apache Jakarta-Tomcat book nor the Valve
HowTo get into much detail.  I'm thinking I want that URL to convert to
something like http://mycompany.com/portal?u=johnsmith.  Suggestions,
examples, outright solutions? :)

Thanks much.

Michael Teter