Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2021/02/01 09:52:53 UTC

Re: Re: Need some help: was: svn commit: r1885148 - /turbine/core/branches/URLMapperService/

Hi all,

I merged the branch into trunk (/turbine/core/trunk). I 'll delete the
branch later to avoid inconsistencies, if nobody complains. Please don't
forget to update your working copies!

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
An:     dev@turbine.apache.org
Datum:  18.01.2021 17:48
Betreff:        Re: Need some help: was: svn commit: r1885148 -
/turbine/core/branches/URLMapperService/

Hi guys,

I have not had time to look, but I am OK with whatever you two decide
:-)  It sounds like a nice addition to the framework, and when I get
some time, I would like to play with it.

-

Jeffery

Behaviour ignored-parameter in Turbine service URLMapperService

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Turbine Devs,

i tested the merged url mapper and added some more tests and a xdoc draft.

Additionally I changed the behaviour for ignore-parameter, if the same
parameter is there as capturing group name in pattern url. The new result
is that it clears out the ignored parameter's value from the the mapped
url, if it is set as capturing group name (and as ignored-parame)ter.

Could this be achieved easier? I don't know at the moment.

Before the change ignore-parameter does

- in mapFromUrl not set the parameter in the result parameters (nothing
changed here)

-  in mapToUrl the ignored keys are removed from the required keys (same
as before). If provided as query data they will be retained in the result
(the mapped uri). That is, as I understand, the intention is, that they
need not be set as a capturing group name or a implict key.

Setting an ignored parameter as implicit parameter makes no sense and has
no effect, as it is cleared out (implicity does just mean, that the
parameter is set to a default value, when converting it back with
mapFromUrl).

But an ignored parameter provided as a capturing group name? It just would
retain the value in the result, as any capturing group name, that is, if
provided as query data. That case could be achieved by NOT ignoring the
parameter, as then the required keys contain ans set it. But if we want to
match an URI containing the ignored parameter and want it removed from the
mapped url at the same time ? Before, when providing a ignored parameter
as capturing key it wouldn't ignore it's value, but set it. Now it's
ignored. See the two cases in TurbineURLMapperJSONServiceTest.

As all the tests pass, I am not aware of anything that would break ..
please let me know, what you think ..

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
An:     dev@turbine.apache.org