Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/08/13 23:28:00 UTC

Re: 2.0.23 ZIP is up

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 2:12 PM

> I'm fixing my lineends.pl file that will cleanly translate the line endings on
> a unix or dos machine into unix or dos.  Then anyone can use zip on unix to create
> the win32 image.  The only hangup?  Perl's utime isn't doing what I expected on
> Unix, so it's touch'ing the date stamps when I coded it not to.

Feel free to grab and play with http://www.apache.org/~wrowe/lineends.pl

If anyone's interested, suggest a home and I'll check it in.  On unix, the last
packaging steps (for the directory httpd-2_0_23) become...

  ./lineends.pl --cr httpd-2_0_23

  zip -rv9 httpd-2_0_23-alpha.zip httpd-2_0_23

That's all there is to it.  Permissions, ownership and datestamp are preserved.
Using INFO-Zip 2.3 the file compressed to within 4KB of the pkzip 2.5c I use on
Windows.

Bill