Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Cong Guo <co...@huawei.com> on 2018/07/19 21:23:52 UTC

latency for replication

Hi,

How can I measure the latency for updates to be replicated from the primary node to a backup node?
I use the PRIMARY_SYNC mode. I want to know the time for a backup node to catch up. Is there any API for the latency measurement? Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,
Cong

Re: latency for replication

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
there no special API for this, I think you can do the following:
1. measure latency for FULL_SYNC mode = it consists of preparing data,
sending it to primary, sending from primary to backups, sending a response
from backup to the primary, sending a response back to the client.
2. measure latency for PRIMARY_SYNC mode:  preparing data, sending it to
primary, sending a response back to the client( all work with backups is
async)

[1] - [2] = will give you delay between primary and backup nodes.