Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by emw <en...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/05 09:54:15 UTC

JDBC / Database Authorization Plugin / Map

Hello everyone,
I'm exploring ActiveMQ as mqtt broker.
I need an authorization plugin or map that loads ACL from db (postgresql is
welcome).
Is there is something ready to use?

Please read because I need that:
I need fine grained authorization per iot device (each device must produce
and consume only on topic prefixed by client-id). I cannot use static xml
configuration because iot devices are added and removed every day. I saw
there is something ready for ldap but unfortunatelly ldap is not a valid
option.

Thanks

Re: JDBC / Database Authorization Plugin / Map

Posted by emw <en...@gmail.com>.
I wrote both authentication and authorisation (authorisation base on
client-id and destination name)  plugin that loads conf from db (postgresql)
I'm asking my company whether I can release them as open source.

Re: JDBC / Database Authorization Plugin / Map

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I've never heard of such a plugin. That doesn't necessarily mean that one
doesn't exist (I might just not have heard of it), but it does reduce the
likelihood.

If you're open to implementing a custom plugin, that might give you a path
forward. But if you need it to be a pre-existing solution, I don't know of
a way to meet your requirement.

Tim

Tim