Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by trebor iksrazal <ik...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/18 21:05:41 UTC

Support for other languages

We have a system up and running using xmlsec and axis,
client and server implemented with java. We are
getting questions about multi-platform support,
particuarly Microsoft type languages.

Our java client signs and encrypts the message, the
java server decrypts and verifies the recieved
message, forwards to an axis service which gets data,
the server then signs and encrypts the data, and
lastly the client decrypts and verifies the recieved
message. My questions are:

1) Could a xmlsec c++ client theoretically work with
the java xmlsec server as described?

2) Has anyone pondered how might a .net type language
like c# could interface with the xmlsec
implementations for xml encryption and signatures? I
guess I'm asking in terms of available API's or
compatible implementations.

Thanks,
iksrazal

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/

Re: Support for other languages

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
trebor iksrazal wrote:

> Our java client signs and encrypts the message, the
> java server decrypts and verifies the recieved
> message, forwards to an axis service which gets data,
> the server then signs and encrypts the data, and
> lastly the client decrypts and verifies the recieved
> message. My questions are:
>
> 1) Could a xmlsec c++ client theoretically work with
> the java xmlsec server as described?

Yup.

> 2) Has anyone pondered how might a .net type language
> like c# could interface with the xmlsec
> implementations for xml encryption and signatures? I
> guess I'm asking in terms of available API's or
> compatible implementations.

There really isn't any defined API for XMLSec other than JSR 105.  But
whatever the API, if the implementation implements the standard
correctly, it should be able to validate stuff from Java or vica versa.

Cheers
	Berin