Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Vincent den Boer <vi...@youapt.eu> on 2018/04/02 07:40:55 UTC

Re: Getting into Annotator

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your quick reply and for the very useful clarifications! The demos
helped to get a more visual picture of what's going on.

As for our use case, what we're implementing right now are 1) making
annotations to any page through a web extension, to store them locally, and 2)
making annotations, which are stored on a server and shareable through a link
(which we internally call Direct Linking.) When such a link is followed, our
server fetches the page from the stored URL, injects a script into this HTML
to apply the stored annotations, and then returns the page to the user.

In short, we need the functionality demonstrated in the demo you've sent  :)
How can we help you to get this into a state where we can implement it? Is
there a roadmap with important things to solve? From what you and Randall say,
I believe we'll need to implement this before you ship the first version, so
we'd be to contribute to get this project closer to a more stable state.

Best regards,
Vincent

Re: Urgent question: How can I integrate this in a clean way?

Posted by Vincent den Boer <vi...@youapt.eu>.
Thank you Randall! For now as a quick fix, I've integrated Annotator as
a Git submodule using yarn workspace. It's not working fully yet, with
some differences in import syntax that probably stem from the fact we
use Browserify. Once I get everything working, I'll send a link to the
diff, so we can see if it's interesting to merge back upstream. Looking
forward to the package, will be much cleaner to integrate  ;)

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent den Boer <vi...@youapt.eu>.

Re: Getting into Annotator

Posted by Vincent den Boer <vi...@youapt.eu>.
Hey everybody, it's been a while since I've sent this e-mail. Anybody
care to give some feedback?  ;)

Re: Getting into Annotator

Posted by Vincent den Boer <vi...@youapt.eu>.
Hi list!