Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Surendar <su...@7strata.com> on 2009/03/03 12:08:08 UTC

Dynamic work flows using ODE

Hi,

I am developing a project that requires dynamic invocation steps ( flows
) which will be decided during run time. The main driver BPEL will get
the list of actions to be done and based on which these actions will be
fired.

I would like to know if we can implement dynamic BPEL invocations and is
there a way we can support this using ODE.

I am explaining the steps that I require here.

Eg:
1. The steps to be taken for a particular process ( *BPEL ) *will be
decided during run time.
2. Each step require a particular web service to be called.
3. Each step can take a different input
4. Each step can be synchronous or async.

These are some of the parameters that will be decided during run time (
Eg: can be configured using a DB etc., )

Eg:

A Process file ( .BPEL )

Gets invoked with a request to process Employee information:

1. Get action list for employee ( returns a list of action objects based
on the employee ID)
2. For each action step call a service to know about the action object.
3. Based on the return value ( about the action object ) from the service.
4. Perform the action ( Web service call )

Thanks in advance and Regards,
Surendar.V

Re: Dynamic work flows using ODE

Posted by prof_trg <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all, Hi suren_1001,
 I am newbie with ode so can't help you, but I think that the hook concept
in bonita allows this kind of invocation, indeed, hooks may be called at
different moments in the activity lifetime (they are java classes)

I hope ode experts to give us their opinion; if ode supports invocation at
runtime!
I hope to hear from you suren_1001 if you have found out with this issue!
lot of thanks..