Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andres Voldman <av...@profesi.com.ar> on 2001/06/25 16:19:58 UTC

C1.82 Text/XML Formaters Encoding

Hi!

I am woking with a UTF-8 encoded xml file, and I am including some latin
characters ( is a spanish text ).

<pagetest>
   TEXTO[&#250;] *
  * 250 is the numerical representation of u acute.
</pagetest>

This works just perfecty if I am using <?cocoon-format  type="text/html"?>.
But, I get strange characters while using  <?cocoon-format
 type="text/plain"?> or <?cocoon-format  type="text/xml"?>

I've been diging the web for encoding information. and is quite confusing.

Also have I tried with iso-8859-1 encoding, but because my site is
externally hosted I can not add/modify the cocoon properties file to
specify the iso-8859-1 encoding of the formaters ( instead of the default
UTF-8 )

any tip or recomedation will be really aprecciated.

Thanks in Advance

Andres

Validating XML with C2, Help Please!!

Posted by Eduardo Yanez <ey...@eversystems.com>.
Hi every body,

I can not find where is the XML validating flag in Cocoon 2 configuration
for the validation of the XML files.

Where is it? could any body tell me?

Thanks in advance!,
Eduardo Yanez.

Validating XML with C2

Posted by Eduardo Yanez <ey...@eversystems.com>.
Hi every body,

I can not find where is the XML validating flag in Cocoon 2 configuration
for the validation of the XML files.

Where is it? could any body tell me?

Regards,
Eduardo Yanez.