Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/16 06:14:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move CONTRIBUTING.md to the root folder.

Hi,

I found our documentation about 'How to Contribute' is in the
.github/CONTRIBUTING.md [1] . It's not easy to be found.  Should we move it
to the root folder instead of a hidden .github folder.  It can also be
included in the source release.

BTW, I think we also need a 'How to Contribute' page in the website.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/blob/master/.github/CONTRIBUTING.md

--
Yi Shen
Senior Developer

Re: [DISCUSS] Move CONTRIBUTING.md to the root folder.

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I created a pull request about this change.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/pull/11239

Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月16日周一 下午2:28写道:

Posted by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>.
For the github entry:

[image: 9aa3f68d1dccd2d958fb179a3.png]

Probably we can just keep the file `.github/CONTRIBUTING.md`
and change the content to:
```markdown
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/blob/master/.github/CONTRIBUTING.md>