Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ladwig Mike <La...@prc.com> on 2002/05/08 21:30:03 UTC

SOAP deployment newbie question

Hello all.

I have a java app that collects information from log files.  Currently, data
from these collectors is "harvested" from a central location via a CORBA
interface.  I am replacing CORBA with a SOAP interface.  I am stuck trying
to determine the simplest way to deploy my code so that the SOAP-accessable
collector app is started when tomcat comes up at system boot time.

I'm just learning about these tools and the architectures that are possible
using them.  I would appreciate a pointer (web site, FAQ, book, etc.) that
could start me in the right direction.

Thanks,
mike.

RE: SOAP deployment newbie question

Posted by Erich Izdepski <ei...@cysive.com>.
Any servlet engine can load servlets on start-up. Since your collector app
sounds like a servlet, this is for you. In the web.xml file for your app,
you need <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup> in your servlet
definition element.

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Collector</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>your servlet class name</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer