Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com> on 2019/12/29 03:40:22 UTC

Wiki has moved from NUTTXTEST to NUTTX

The wiki has moved from the testing space to what should be its final
location.  Everything should still be in place as it was, but you will need
to find your pages in the new location.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX

Thanks Justin for helping get the space created on the Apache side.

--Brennan

Re: Wiki has moved from NUTTXTEST to NUTTX

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
> I agree that we should get more content in the wiki. It's locked down to
> prevent spam, which is the same as when Greg had it. We could change so
> people who have accounts can create or comment, but let's be careful.
>
> I did tweak the permissions so commiters can add people and change their
> permissions, before I think that was restricted to Justin and myself, but I
> don't see why that should not be all commiters. I'm still on holiday for
> the next two days.

I agree.  We are not trying to limit who can add content, but to prevent
spammers from posting garbage and bots from trashing the website.  As
committers, we should have some knowledge of the person we are granting
access to because we still need the protection from spammers.  It would
be said to have the website turned into a porn site, for example.

I had to shut down open access to the old DocuWiki because I notice that
I had 37,000 new members and I could see the number number of members
going up by the hour -- all with legit email addresses (presumably
stolen).  Apparently, there is an exploit possible if you can exceed the
maximum number of members in DocuWiki?

Greg

Re: Wiki has moved from NUTTXTEST to NUTTX

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.

Posted by Xiang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.