Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/08/06 17:14:27 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 release

Hi everyone,

I submit Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 release to your vote.

This release includes important fixes and updates on the 5.16.x series,
especially:
- include java.util package in the deserialization enforcement
- logging improvements on STOMP transport
- improvement on Karaf features to avoid cascading refresh
- fix on couple of potential deadlocks
- several dependencies updates

Please take a look on the Release Notes for details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12350105

Maven staging repository is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1232/

Dist staging repository is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.16.3/

Git tag:
activemq-5.16.3

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi everyone,

due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-8352, I cancel this
vote to prepare a fix.

As reminder, this issue is related to this commit:

commit dce83db7c2444e3e058a6561ea806fe1c3d171c9
Author: Matt Pavlovich <ma...@hyte.io>
Date:   Fri Jun 4 09:30:31 2021 -0500    [AMQ-8290] Cleanup assembly
warnings and upgrade assembly plugin

      - Convert 'attached' to 'single' goal
      - Clean up leading "/" in descriptors

     (cherry picked from commit 5c9df5db0c4f4682ff489f437eea7ec7da98ba92)

The commit upgrade to assembly plugin version and it breaks the assembly
build on some environment due to long file path.

I will fix by using posix instead of gnu.

Sorry about that, I will submit a new vote soon.

Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 release

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Again, it depends on the environment. So it isn't that weird. It depends on
the path length and your environment so most people probably don't have
issues.

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.