Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Lokendra Singh <ls...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 08:17:01 UTC

Mapping from JobSplit to Blocks on datanodes

Hi,

How can I find which Job Split does a Block on a datanode belong to? Or
going the other way, if I can find how a Job Split is eventually stored on
datanodes i.e. the list of Blocks.
Any pointers are appreciated.

PS: My eventual objective is 'moving data to computation' (for some
experiments) and hence was taking ideas from Balancer class to move blocks.

Regards
Lokendra

Re: Mapping from JobSplit to Blocks on datanodes

Posted by Lokendra Singh <ls...@gmail.com>.
Any pointers please ?
I could see from the source says that it is not trivial to do.
Was just wanted to confirm if there are some API calls I might have missed.

Regards
Lokendra