Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Filipe Sousa <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/09 18:39:54 UTC

can't start geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6

Hi!

I just download the last version of geronimo
(geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6) and I'm trying to start the server with
geronimo.sh:
fsousa@testing ~/opt/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6/bin $ ./geronimo.sh run

but fails at 16%:
[****>                          ] 16%   4s Startup failed

The stack trace start with this log (the complete log is attached)
7:22:37,995 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-security/2.0-M6/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-se
curity/2.0-M6/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer"

This is my first contact with geronimo, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Some useful information of my java environment:
fsousa@testing ~/opt/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6/bin $ echo $JAVA_HOME
/home/fsousa/opt/java/jdk1.5.0_12
fsousa@testing ~/opt/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6/bin $ java -version
java version "1.5.0_12"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_12-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_12-b04, mixed mode)

--
Filipe Sousa

Re: can't start geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6

Posted by Filipe Sousa <na...@gmail.com>.
David Jencks wrote:
> I'd recommend trying with the about to be released unless someone
> finds a major problem 2.0 release you can find here
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/geronimo-2.0-rc1/geronimo-2.0/org/
> apache/geronimo/assemblies/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5/2.0/
>
> You won't have this exact problem because the
> JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer  gbean isn't in the latest version.
>
> If you wish to continue with 2.0-M6  the problem is that the
> JaasLoginServiceRemotingServer can't figure out what ip address to
> bind onto.  Have you perhaps changed var/config/config-
> substitutions.properties?  Or perhaps your hostnames aren't quite
> right?  something seems to expect your computer to be named "testing"
>
> thanks
> david jencks

It works :)
Thanks.

Re: can't start geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M6

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.