Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jesse Anderson <je...@smokinghand.com> on 2017/05/17 18:26:01 UTC

Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

After the first release of Beam, I did a Q and A
<http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2016/07/question-and-answers-with-the-apache-beam-team/>
with the users and developers of Beam. Now that we've done the first stable
release, I want to update the Q and A. This will help us promote Beam and
how people are using it in production.

I've created a Google Doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#>
with
questions I often get about Beam. I'd love to get your answers to have as
many points of view as possible. You can answer as many questions as you'd
like.

Once we're done, I'll publish the responses to a new blog post and send out
the URL.

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse

Re: Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.
I've published the Q and A. You can find it here
<http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2017/06/beam-2-0-q-and-a/>.

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse

Re: Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.

wrote:

> One last call to fill out the Q and A. I'm going to publish it on
> Wednesday June 14. Please fill it out before Tuesday June 13.
>
> One thing to note, you don't have to be a committer or developer to add
> something to the doc. If you're using Beam in production, that will help
> others decide to use Beam.
>
> Here the document again
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#heading=h.o2a3kt7gof9g
> .
>

> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:26 AM Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>
> wrote:
>
>> Gentle reminder to fill out the Q and A
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#.
>> As James said, this is very helpful to new Beam users.
>>
>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:12 AM James <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks a lot Jesse! Learned a lot from your previous Q & A blog(and
>>> surely
>>> will also do from this new one).
>>>
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>于2017年5月18日周四 上午2:37写道:

>>> http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2016/07/question-and-answers-with-the-apache-beam-team/

>>> stable
>>> and

>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#

>>> have as
>>> you'd

>>> send out

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jesse

> Jesse

Jesse

Re: Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.

wrote:

> Gentle reminder to fill out the Q and A
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#.
> As James said, this is very helpful to new Beam users.
>
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:12 AM James <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot Jesse! Learned a lot from your previous Q & A blog(and surely
>> will also do from this new one).
>>
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>于2017年5月18日周四 上午2:37写道:
>>
>> > Awesome ! Great work Jesse !
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > JB

>> http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2016/07/question-and-answers-with-the-apache-beam-team/

>> stable
>> and

>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#

>> as
>> you'd

>> send out

> Jesse

Jesse

Re: Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.

wrote:

> Gentle reminder to fill out the Q and A
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#.
> As James said, this is very helpful to new Beam users.
>
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:12 AM James <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot Jesse! Learned a lot from your previous Q & A blog(and surely
>> will also do from this new one).
>>
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>于2017年5月18日周四 上午2:37写道:
>>
>> > Awesome ! Great work Jesse !
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > JB

>> http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2016/07/question-and-answers-with-the-apache-beam-team/

>> stable
>> and

>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#

>> as
>> you'd

>> send out

> Jesse

Jesse

Re: Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.
Gentle reminder to fill out the Q and A
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#.
As James said, this is very helpful to new Beam users.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:12 AM James <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Jesse! Learned a lot from your previous Q & A blog(and surely
> will also do from this new one).
>
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>于2017年5月18日周四 上午2:37写道:
>
> > Awesome ! Great work Jesse !
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> > On May 17, 2017, at 14:26, Jesse Anderson <je...@smokinghand.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> After the first release of Beam, I did a Q and A
> >> <
> http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2016/07/question-and-answers-with-the-apache-beam-team/
> >
> >> with the users and developers of Beam. Now that we've done the first
> stable
> >> release, I want to update the Q and A. This will help us promote Beam
> and
> >> how people are using it in production.
> >>
> >> I've created a Google Doc
> >> <
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#
> >
> >> with
> >> questions I often get about Beam. I'd love to get your answers to have
> as
> >> many points of view as possible. You can answer as many questions as
> you'd
> >> like.
> >>
> >> Once we're done, I'll publish the responses to a new blog post and send
> out
> >> the URL.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jesse

Jesse

Re: Beam 2.0 Release Q and A

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.
Gentle reminder to fill out the Q and A
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#.
As James said, this is very helpful to new Beam users.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:12 AM James <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Jesse! Learned a lot from your previous Q & A blog(and surely
> will also do from this new one).
>
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>于2017年5月18日周四 上午2:37写道:
>
> > Awesome ! Great work Jesse !
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> > On May 17, 2017, at 14:26, Jesse Anderson <je...@smokinghand.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> After the first release of Beam, I did a Q and A
> >> <
> http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2016/07/question-and-answers-with-the-apache-beam-team/
> >
> >> with the users and developers of Beam. Now that we've done the first
> stable
> >> release, I want to update the Q and A. This will help us promote Beam
> and
> >> how people are using it in production.
> >>
> >> I've created a Google Doc
> >> <
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyel3XRfdeGyqLvXiy1C3mrw9QBbveoKjjVLuRxMw4k/edit#
> >
> >> with
> >> questions I often get about Beam. I'd love to get your answers to have
> as
> >> many points of view as possible. You can answer as many questions as
> you'd
> >> like.
> >>
> >> Once we're done, I'll publish the responses to a new blog post and send
> out
> >> the URL.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jesse