Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Damian Meden <dm...@apache.org> on 2023/02/14 16:47:07 UTC

Derivative Metrics removal.

Hello guys.
In case you haven't noticed, our master branch no longer has the
`traffic_manager` binary.
There are still some references(docs, etc) and some other stuff that will
be erased as well,  but one of the things that seems to have been used
by TM  are the Derivative Metrics, *so with TM gone I want to ask if it's
ok to remove this Derivative Metrics code from master???*

PS: ignore previous email, as I had issues with my email.

Regards,
Damian.

Re: Derivative Metrics removal.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Feb 14, 2023, at 9:47 AM, Damian Meden <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello guys.
> In case you haven't noticed, our master branch no longer has the
> `traffic_manager` binary.
> There are still some references(docs, etc) and some other stuff that will
> be erased as well,  but one of the things that seems to have been used
> by TM  are the Derivative Metrics, *so with TM gone I want to ask if it's
> ok to remove this Derivative Metrics code from master???*
>
> PS: ignore previous email, as I had issues with my email.

Fwiw, this is the list of metrics that are now gone (this would be documented in the “Upgrade to v10” document if we agree on this):

  proxy.process.http.user_agent_total_request_bytes
  proxy.process.http.user_agent_total_response_bytes
  proxy.process.http.origin_server_total_request_bytes
  proxy.process.http.origin_server_total_response_bytes
  proxy.process.user_agent_total_bytes
  proxy.process.origin_server_total_bytes
  proxy.process.cache_total_hits
  proxy.process.cache_total_misses
  proxy.process.cache_total_requests
  proxy.process.cache_total_hits_bytes
  proxy.process.cache_total_misses_bytes
  proxy.process.cache_total_bytes
  proxy.process.current_server_connections

— Leif

Re: Derivative Metrics removal.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.