Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/12/26 23:31:17 UTC

Java settings (was Re: svn commit: r890684 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/procedures/release/How_to_release.xml)

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 08:25:42AM -0000, crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Tue Dec 15 08:25:41 2009
> New Revision: 890684

> Log:
> Some text tweaks.
>
> Modified:
>     forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/procedures/release/How_to_release.xml

This edit prompted me to browse through this file for the first time
in a while. I didn't see it noted anywhere to turn off debug symbols
and to turn on code optimization as part of the test and release
cycle. Our code base is tiny enough that I don't think this matters
for us, but does anyone know if our major dependencies (such as
Cocoon) do this as part of their release? Do we want to for our code?

Brian

Re: Java settings

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Brian M Dube wrote:
> >     forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/procedures/release/How_to_release.xml
>
> This edit prompted me to browse through this file for the first time
> in a while. I didn't see it noted anywhere to turn off debug symbols
> and to turn on code optimization as part of the test and release
> cycle. Our code base is tiny enough that I don't think this matters
> for us, but does anyone know if our major dependencies (such as
> Cocoon) do this as part of their release? Do we want to for our code?

I don't know the answers to this, not being a real Java person.

In $FORREST_HOME/etc/cocoon_upgrade/local.build.properties
---------
compiler=modern
compiler.debug=on
compiler.optimize=on
compiler.deprecation=off
compiler.nowarn=on
source.vm=1.4
---------

Please do whatever you reckon will assist.

-David