Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Houze Christian-Luc (DCTI)" <ch...@etat.ge.ch> on 2007/04/04 18:44:39 UTC

RE: Is it possible to suppress the Velocity warnings when usingarchetype:create?

As an extension to the question about velocity warnings,
I have posted an issue about velocity error
(that appears in the log you submit)

[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
in any resource loader.
This error, I always get in site generation... What does it mean exactly
?
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2910

Thanks,

Christian-Luc

Re: Is it possible to suppress the Velocity warnings when usingarchetype:create?

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

"unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm"
Means that velocity is searching for a ddefault macro definition file.
It don't find it and inform about. But Velocity works find without any
macro definition.

About the ${foo.bar} complain, Velocity see an expression which could
be replaced. It don't find the foo object in its context or dont find
the bar attribute in the foo object in its context and complains
about. If the expression was not intended to be a velocity expression,
its just fine to be sure velocity don't replace it :)

Hope this helps.

Raphaël