Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Koka <22...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/25 11:22:07 UTC

DataSqueezer and Equals

Hi,

I have a page that allows to edit properties of some object. In my
form submit listener I want to detect whether the user has actually
changed any property. What is the convenient method to do it?

At the moment I'm thinking of 'DataSqueezing' the object in
pageBeginRender in rewinding phase (before edited properties are
applied)  and comparing resulting String with the result of
DataSqueezing in formSubmit (after  edited properties are applied).
Any chance it may go wrong? I.e what are the chances that DataSqueezer
will produce different Strings even if user did not change anything or
vice-versa ?

TYA
Koka