Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com> on 2008/03/01 00:53:55 UTC

ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Could not find Maven project descriptor?

After Continuum finishes running a build, when I look at the build
history I found two outputs. The first one is marked with the build
error icon, and the second one is marked as successful. This happens
every time Continuum runs a build.

Does anyone know anything about this error?

The build error has the following error message:

Build Error
-----------
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: Error
executing action 'update-project-from-working-directory' at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:434)at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:139)at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter
.call(Executors.java:442)at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask
.java:176)at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by:
----------
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException:
Could not find Maven project descriptor.

at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.upda
teProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:148) at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectory
ContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction
.java:75) at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:408)
	... 8 more

RE: Access Continuum build number value?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Hi Nico,

Thanks for your quick response, but could you give a little more
information about how to use ${basedir} to retrieve Continuum build
number? Is there is an example I can review?

In my parent Maven pom.xml, I've the following section:

            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <archive>
                        <manifestEntries>
                            <Built-By>XYZ, Inc.</Built-By>
                            <Module-version>1.0.0</Module-version>
                            <Build-number>3953</Build-number>
                            <Build-date>APR.11.2008</Build-date>
                            <Mode>development</Mode>
                        </manifestEntries>
                    </archive>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Currently, as shown above the build number value is hard coded, so my
goal is to automatically update the above build number value with
Continuum build number whenever Continuum runs a build. And also, the
build date if possible?

Can this be done?

  Thanks,

       Sameh

Posted by Nicolas Loison <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Marin,

This is exactly what I needed, and it worked fine.

Just one more thing, is there is another property I can use for retrieving the value of the build date?

 Thanks,

   Sameh

> During the build, I need to obtain the current build number value and
> pass it on to another process, so where does Continuum save the build
> number information? Is there is a file I can read to retrieve this
> information from?

Not a file, but a system property: continuum.project.nextBuild.number
See this thread for more information:
http://www.nabble.com/continuum.project.currentBuild.number-to16012461s177.html#a16012461

hth,
- martin

PS: Please start a new thread for new topics and don't reply to old
    messages.

Re: Access Continuum build number value?

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Continuum email build message.

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Continuum does not report any SCM changes under the SCM heading, but
instead it reports the SCM changes under "Other Changes Since Last
Success" section?

When Continuum finishes a build and sends an email, the email body shows
the following:

****
SCM Changes:
****
No files changed

But when I click on the build link, and open the build results I see the
SCM changes are reported under other "Changes Since Last Success"
heading?

So, there are few issues here:

1. In Continuum email message it reports there are "No files changed"
under the " SCM Changes:" section which is not true.

2. The files that were changed with the authors comments are listed
under "Other Changes Since Last Success" section in the build history
report only?

For example the email body looks as follow:
****
SCM Changes:
****
No files changed

****
Dependencies Changes:
****
No dependencies changed

And the build results history report looks as follow:

SCM Changes
No SCM changes

Other Changes Since Last Success
Author Date Comment Files