Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jcplerm <jc...@ameritech.net> on 2003/10/03 04:19:24 UTC

Woody: Output widgets cleared after form validation error

The output widgets of forms created with Woody (download of Sept 25) are cleared when there is a form validation error. Fields of other widget types remain filled with the original values.
The only problem is with output widgets.

Has anyone seen this behavior already?

Thanks,

jlerm

Re: Woody: Output widgets cleared after form validation error

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 04:19, jcplerm wrote:
> The output widgets of forms created with Woody (download of Sept 25)
> are cleared when there is a form validation error. Fields of other
> widget types remain filled with the original values.
> The only problem is with output widgets.
>
> Has anyone seen this behavior already?

Are you using the approach like in the provided actions, where the form
is stored in a request attribute?

If so, then this behaviour is normal: the value of output widgets is not
resend to the server when the form is submitted, so they will be lost if
you didn't store the form object server side.

If you want the output widgets to keep their values, you need to store
the form object server side, for example in the session. However, in
that case I strongly recommend to either use flowscript or apples.

So while Woody supports stateless usage, not all of its features will
work in that case. Output widgets are one of them, ValueChanged events
are another one.