Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2014/10/26 20:48:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Knox 0.5.0

All -

A new candidate for the Apache Knox 0.5.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-0.5.0/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
Branch v0.5.0 (git checkout -b v0.5.0)

The SHA1 checksum of the archive is
482051f4ff9a6495bc53c9f2f94616d44e19c724.
The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 0.5.0.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 0.5.0

--larry

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 0.5.0

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
All -

I am pleased to announce that the vote for release v0.5.0 has successfully
passed with:

3 binding +1's
1 non-binding +1
0 -1's

I will be tagging and promoting the release momentarily.

Congrats and thank you for your testing!

--larry

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 0.5.0

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Downloaded src zip.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 0.5.0

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

I built the branch successfully as well as downloaded the RC, verified signatures and installed it. After install I went through testing against various services like HDFS, HBase and Hive. I also went through various sections of the 0.5.0 user guide successfully. Some of the sections I tested out more thoroughly were the Identity Assertion, Authorization, Secure Clusters, Web App Security, SSO Provider and Client DSL, amongst others.

All my testing was done with Knox running on a Mac and the services running on a Centos 6.4 VM, where the services where installed and managed by Ambari.

Sumit.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE