Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Krug <sk...@comcast.net> on 2003/05/09 19:56:57 UTC

I'm new to the List.

All,
            Just wanted to say I am new to the list and after I observe
for a while, I intend to contribute fixes etc.

Shawn

Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Bill Barker wrote:

> The simplified version is:  TC 4.x/5.x won't run on J2ME.  TC 3.3.x may or
> may not run on J2ME (were I to volunteer as RM for 3.3.2,  running on J2ME
> would be a requirement :).

And you would have my +1 for it :-)
( I could add few weekends too )

Costin

Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (J2EE)

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Well, this is pretty much [off-topic].  The J2EE integration should be taken
up on the JBoss (or other) lists.  Tomcat is not, and has never claimed to
be a J2EE container.

>    By that then, am I to asume TC will go on a J2EE env.? After all, is
J2EE not J2SE_+ other packages/features e.g JMS?

Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (J2EE)

Posted by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hello and thanks for that.

---------------------------------

Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)

Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)

Posted by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.

Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)

Posted by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hello,

      A relatively easy question for most, not for such a beginner like myself.

     Can Tomcat be installed (and run) on the J2ME environment, and likewise the J2EE env. ? Is it simply a question of downloading the appropriate installation of TC, and installing it on top of the desired JVM?

Many thanks for your input..and patience!

G.