Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh <an...@apache.org> on 2013/10/01 16:11:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 Released

The Apache CloudStack project is excited to announce the
4.2 feature release of the CloudStack cloud orchestration platform. This is the
next feature release of the 4.0 branch which first released on November 6, 2012
with the 4.1 release on June 5. This is the second major release from Apache
CloudStack since its graduation from the Apache Incubator on March 20th.

This release represents over six months of work from the
Apache CloudStack community with 57 new and 29 improved features being
provided. Many new features incorporate contributions from major corporations
and support for industry standards. New integrated support of the Cisco UCS
compute chassis, SolidFire storage arrays, and the S3 storage protocol are just
a few of the features available in this release.

## Documentation
The 4.2 release includes over 160 issues from 4.1.0 and
4.1.1 were fixed; including fixes for swift support, fixes to documentation,
and more. Please see the Release Notes for a full list of corrected issues and
upgrade instructions.

The official installation, administration and API
documentation for each release are available on our Documentation Page.

## Downloads
The official source code for the 4.2 release can be
downloaded from our Downloads Page.

In addition to the official source code release,
individual contributors have also made convenience binaries available on the
Apache CloudStack download page.

## Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack is an integrated
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) software platform that allows users to build
feature-rich public and private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an
intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking,
software, and storage infrastructure resources. The project became an Apache
top level project in March 2013.

For additional marketing or communications information,
please contact the marketing mailing list.

To learn how to join and contribute to the Apache
CloudStack community please visit our website.

Animesh Chaturvedi
Committer Apache CloudStack
animesh@apache.org

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 Released

Posted by Animesh <an...@apache.org>.

The Apache CloudStack project is excited to announce the
4.2 feature release of the CloudStack cloud orchestration platform. This is the
next feature release of the 4.0 branch which first released on November 6, 2012
with the 4.1 release on June 5. This is the second major release from Apache
CloudStack since its graduation from the Apache Incubator on March 20th.

This release represents over six months of work from the
Apache CloudStack community with 57 new and 29 improved features being
provided. Many new features incorporate contributions from major corporations
and support for industry standards. New integrated support of the Cisco UCS
compute chassis, SolidFire storage arrays, and the S3 storage protocol are just
a few of the features available in this release.

## Documentation
The 4.2 release includes over 160 issues from 4.1.0 and
4.1.1 were fixed [1]; including fixes for swift support, fixes to documentation,
and more. Please see the Release Notes [2] for a full list of corrected issues and
upgrade instructions.

The official installation, administration and API
documentation for each release are available on our Documentation Page [3].

## Downloads
The official source code for the 4.2 release can be
downloaded from our Downloads Page [4].

In addition to the official source code release,
individual contributors have also made convenience binaries available on the
Apache CloudStack download page.

## Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack is an integrated
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) software platform that allows users to build
feature-rich public and private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an
intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking,
software, and storage infrastructure resources. The project became an Apache
top level project in March 2013.

For additional marketing or communications information,
please contact the marketing mailing list [5].

To learn how to join and contribute to the Apache
CloudStack community please visit our website [6].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/#?filter=12324870
[2] http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Release_Notes/index.html
[3] http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/index.html
[4] http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
[5] mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
[6] http://cloudstack.apache.org/contribute.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 Released

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
Indra,

I have downloaded new system vm and registered it, it didn't make much
difference, usage logs is overwriting management logs and all hypervisors
are in disconnected state.

So, I guess this upgrade wasn't tested properly on Ubuntu unfortunately.

Dean

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Dean,

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.
Could you post mgt server log to somewhere?

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
update: