Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 06:14:13 UTC

Please review: WSCOMMONS-78

Hi,

I have attached a somewhat larger patch in WSCOMMONS-78, which fixes the
handling of xs:include and xs:redefine in XmlSchema. It also fixes some
invalid assumptions by changing the API:

- It is an invalid assumption, that a system ID can be mapped to a
   unique schema. Fact is, that a schema can be included multiple
   times and from schemas with different target namespaces. (In any
   case, the included schema absorbs the including schemas.)
- The same holds true for xs:redefine
- It is an invalid assumption, that a target namespace can be mapped
   to a single schema. For example, it is quite possible, that multiple
   imports occur to schemas with the same namespace, but a different
   system ID. Additionally, an imported schema may include another
   schema with the same target namespace.

Due to the API changes, I won't commit this patch without an explicit
acknowledge by someone else, who reviewed the patch. Please be so kind
and do this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: Please review: WSCOMMONS-78

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Joe, the patch is bad. Can you please run "svn diff" and upload
the diff? the current patch in XmlSchema-include-handling.patch seems
to have diff's for files under .svn directory.

-- dims