Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ray Rush <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/12 20:11:44 UTC

RE: IIS - ISAPI redirector oddities - SOLVED

This ended up being my error.  I figured out I could
change the log level of the ISAPI redirector and I put
it to inform level.  I saw that for the non-proxy site
request it saw /servlet/<class> but for the proxied
request it saw //servlet/<class> so it didn't match
the worker mapping.

I checked my proxy config and that's where I was
picking up the extra "/".  I swear this was the
configuration I had used before.  Maybe the iPlanet
server was being more forgiving of my sloppy URL
rewriting.  It's funny that IIS only saw it as
/servlet too--maybe it's forgiving too but the ISAPI
redirector isn't.  Oh well, just a few hours lost.  I
should have checked the detailed logging yesterday.
Live and learn.

'http://hostname/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?ServiceName=swdms'.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Weird Cookie Behavior

Posted by "David M. Rosner" <da...@recommend-it.com>.
Hi All,

I have a jsp that sets a cookie named 'riCookie'. For some reason this
cookie will not be sent to the browser unless I set an additional cookie
after that. Here is the code:

This doesn't work:

<%
     response.addCookie( new Cookie("riCookie", "DATA" ) ) ;
     response.sendRedirect( "/someOtherPage.jsp" );
%>

But this does work:
<%
     response.addCookie( new Cookie("riCookie", "DATA" ) ) ;
     response.addCookie( new Cookie("Something", "More DATA" ) ) ;
     response.sendRedirect( "/someOtherPage.jsp" );
%>

Any idea why? I tried other names with the word 'Cookie' in them and they
seem to work as well.

Thanks for any help,

-dave